Tuesday, November 16, 2010

One Month Later

Figured I'd give every one an update on my running, and yes I feel like I'm legitimately running now. So I started out about 4 weeks ago and ran approximately 1.5 miles. I say approximately because the nature trail I jog on is a semi figure eight with disproportional loops and a vague estimate of length from the park's website. So at first I was running very inconsistently, but I've finally got it down to a routine. I run 3 days a week M, W, Sat because I have to wake up with an alarm on M and W anyway so what's a half hour earlier and Sat because I work most Friday's and running on Sunday sounds much less fun than having our Lazy Sunday Morning tradition. So yesterday I bumped my distance up by one more loop bringing my total distance to about 3 miles ( the most I've ever ran at one time more than once, or at least tomorrow will be more than once). I'm starting to get some nice tone in my legs, however I still have, as my brother-in-law so kindly put it, the "middle aged pooch"...sigh. Might be time for some cross training. Oh I timed my last run and it looks like I'm running a 6.5 minute mile. It's not exactly fast, but that was my first shot at 3 miles so my time will get better.

Stickin' with it.

2 comments:

Janell H. said...

A 6.5 minute mile is nothing to sneeze at, bro! Keep up the good work! You going to show off the toned legs at Thanksgiving? Heh heh!

Teresa said...

Hey Isaac, Good job! I hike when I can get a friend to go with me. Monday I hiked with Jane, Thursday I hiked with Jennifer, Friday (today) Kathy wants to go hiking. I am very sore. I have some really good hiking stretches, but haven't done them for awhile. Back in Utah when Crystal trained me I actually had gotten up to running 3 miles. It is an amazing feat.